Our next trip is July 19-26, 2018.
There’s just no substitute for first-hand experience. That’s why each year we offer you the opportunity to travel with us to Guatemala and see the work yourself. The safe, thoughtful, and curious environment that we foster on our Learning Journey will change the way you look at the world. We want you to see what we see in these communities, to meet the youth in our program, hear their stories and be moved by their work. For eight days, you will travel with our staff and board, interact with our youth leaders, see them in action reading to their young neighbors and get to know the way of life in the rural communities where we work. This is a rare opportunity to get an intimate and authentic look at life in indigenous Guatemalan communities, see how Reading Village is transforming lives through literacy, and experience your own transformation as well.
“I have never been on a trip where I so intimately entered the culture and the lives of local people.” – Learning Journey Alumni
- Rate: $2,000 per person for a double room *
- Discount Rate: $1,800 per person may apply if you pay in full before April 19, bring a friend, or fundraise $1,000 for Reading Village
* A portion of this fee is a donation which will be based on the trip expenses and calculated once we return home. We will be in touch later in the summer to confirm your donation amount.Overview
- Next Trip: July 19 – 26, 2018
- Group size: Limited to 14 people
- Language: No Spanish required
- Complete the registration form by clicking the link below
- Mail the form with your check deposit (minimum of 50% of total cost) to: PO Box 917, Lafayette, CO 80026. Paying via check eliminates the credit card processing fee, saving Reading Village approximately $100. If you prefer making a credit card payment please click on “Pay Deposit” below.
- The remaining 50% of your payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Cancellation policies are detailed in our Pre-Trip Briefing Packet above.
- Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.