Our mission is to help the young people enrolled in our program complete their high school education, opening opportunities for them to double their family income, help to alleviate poverty in their communities, and enhance their personal feelings of self worth.
We believe that poverty is a human construct and not a natural condition and can, therefore, be eliminated.
The world is as we shape it.
- We believe that every child should be able to grow up free to express their fullest self, with access to the resources and in possession of the capacities to contribute to their families, their communities, their countries, and our world.
- We believe that access to books, the ability to read, and the capacity to think critically and imaginatively are fundamental to the full development of individuals and society.
- We honor and affirm the resourcefulness and humanity of each person we encounter. We invite and respect the wisdom, voices, and contributions of those with whom we partner.
- We continuously look for ways to improve what we do and adapt to changing circumstances. In an ever-evolving world, we approach our work with humility and curiosity, along with a bit of audacity, artistry, and gumption!
- We help one another realize our own potential by encouraging initiative and developing a collective capacity to change the world.
- We take seriously our commitment to carry out our mission in a way that is responsible and sustainable. This means that we cultivate trust and solidarity in every engagement, allocate resources efficiently and transparently, and work tirelessly to protect the wellbeing of the youth with whom we work.